The Mamabird Project: Empowering and opening doors for young Black, Latina and Indigenous Women from marginalized communities.
Economically empowering and opening doors for young Black, Latina and Indigenous women
"By purchasing an interview YOU are supporting a group of individuals who including myself are powerful and wise beyond Our years."
"By investing in Mamabird Interviews YOU say YES to Women of Color taking the lead and accepting that their vision is one that will benefit all. It also means that you believe in the individual talents that each one of us holds."
100% goes to the women
(*minus credit card fees (which teaches our women about credit cards and fees)
Our product is a 1 hour, recorded, guided conversation with you or a loved one. Lightly edited (pauses, repeats, ums) so you will look and sound your best. (Want something you said edited out, we are happy to help).
*Elders Wisdom *Engagement *Anniversary *Retirement
*Graduation *Before Basic Training *Expecting Parent
*Expecting Grandparent *Major Life Events *Milestone Birthdays
*Milestone Anniversaries *Sports Championships
1. To empower and open doors for Black, Latina and Indigenous women from marginalized communities
2. To document the memories, thoughts, emotions, feelings, hopes, dreams of your loved ones to share with family and your future self
Zoom makes it easy, you are in the comfort of your own home, our Memory Catchers are in the comfort of their own homes. It is a beautiful intersectional conversation.
ASAP. We are ready to empower more AMAZING young women. You are wanting to document your grandmothers wisdom, your thoughts, hopes/dreams before getting married, your Childs mindset before graduation. Let's move forward on this win/win/win opportunity.
Everyone is nervous at first, always pleased after. We will do everything possible to put you are ease.
1. Fill out a questionnaire (provides context, any areas to stay away from, what you value in your guided conversation, why you are supporting Mamabird)
2. Schedule your Guided Conversation
3. Receive a Video Conference link by email
4. Conversation: Meet your Memory Catcher, put any nerves to rest before your conversation
5. Have a wonderful intersectional guided conversation to document important thoughts, feelings and wisdom
6. Your recording will be watched and small edits will be made if there are pauses, tech issues, or something you don't want
7. Follow Up Email with a link to your recording.
8. Share how amazing our women and our work are with your family and friends!
* 1 One hour interview with one of our amazing Mamabirds Interviewers and you or the loved one(s) of your choice.
* Lightly edited (pauses, repeats, ums) so you will look and sound your best. (Want something you said edited out, we are happy to help).
* A digital download of your interview.
* 100% of this money goes directly to the interviewer which collectively is life changing money for our team and their families.
* Recording for you and your families eyes only.
* These interviews make great and unique gifts for Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Weddings, and so much more. ( We will send you a beautiful personalized gift certificate to present to your loved one)
* Don't want to do the interview yourself, or know whom you want us to interview? Sponsor someone else in need. We know many amazing families that would treasure this gift, but do not have the means to purchase. Sponsoring someone else to be interviewed is a great way to support us, and give a gift to someone who will cherish this recording forever.
MAMABIRD MEMORY CATCHERS
Our trained Memory Catchers come at our guided conversations from a unique perspective full of curiosity, care and empathy. They are truly gifted in their craft. They are also gaining confidence along with real world skills from every interview conducted. Soft Skills, Communication Skills, Critical Thinking Skills, Social Skills. All prepping them for success in their eventual careers.
Areyana is currently an undergraduate student at the University of Colorado, Boulder where she double majors in journalism and critical media practices with a minor in leadership studies. She has just received the prestigious Newman Civic Fellowship.
Janine is currently our lead interviewer. She is a stay at home mother of two and a military spouse. Janine holds space for amazing, extraordinary, everyday people of all backgrounds to share their stories and teachings. Losing her father while in her teens has made her see the importance of documenting the wisdom of our elders.
Yusura was the Valedictorian of her high school class and is currently majoring in Anthropology at the University of Colorado Denver. Yusura’s openness to learn of others cultures and stories creates a comfortable environment for others to speak their truth.
Karla is a mother of 3. She is currently going back to college in order to become a registered oncology nurse. She grew up very fast having her first child in her early teens. Karla has a passion for stories and is an amazing mentor to our younger community members. Karla is also bilingual and conducts interviews in Spanish as well as English.
Allie is in college studying graphic design. She is passionate about people and wants to see everyone especially families from lower socioeconomic areas thrive. She is a skilled interviewer who's goal is to put the interviewee at ease. She also runs Mamabird's Social Media. In her spare time she loves photographing family and friends.
A graduating senior at the University of Colorado Denver majoring in political science and international studies with a focus on Latin America. Astrid always seeks ways to support her community. She hopes to be a wise adult who can provide advice not only as an academic and professional but also as a person who has experienced many ups and downs. Her life goal is to make life easier for those who come after her.
$100 GRADUATION INTERVIEW
100% of this money will go to the interviewer.
It is our goal to interview 1000 graduates this year and put $100,000 into the pockets of our amazing interviewers who are so amazing at what they do, and also so deserving. Win/Win/Win
I believe in a future where young people from marginalized communities have all doors opened for them, and have the skills and power to step through whatever doors they choose.
I have learned so much in the past 10 years teaching in Montbello, and know our world will be better if the young people I have had the honor to teach, and mentor, gain power in our society.
I also believe that life is so precious and tomorrow is not promised. You need to be documenting your loved ones today so that you will have their wisdom, mannerisms, cadence and joy documented forever. I think Zoom is the perfect medium for this work.
When you support Mamabird, you are supporting an amazing and growing group of young women. I have personally put more than $12,000 of my own money into the pockets of our amazing women, and I ask that you do something that is good for them, and good for you. Please purchase an interview. This small investment will be priceless to your family one day. How many things can you say that about?
I live in Central Park (Denver) with my wonderful wife and our two healthy children
CHECK OUT THE IMPACT WE ARE MAKING!
Over $85,000 has been paid out to our women and paid interns
Mamabird is so thankful for the generosity from The Center for Trauma & Resilience . CTR has offered free Therapy Sessions and group therapy for our Mamabird community. We believe mental health is one of, if not the most important things in the pathway to our young people's success.
MAMABIRD MENTORS GRANT PROGRAM
Mamabird has received a $15,000 Grant from The Denver Foundation. and $10,000 from the City of Denver's Human Together Grant Fund. This money went directly to the pockets of 15 members of our community. With Mamabird Mentors our community was paid to interview established women to learn from their success and get guidance and mentorship on the future.
Over the course of the summer months we paid 10 speakers to come speak to our community on a variety of subjects ranging from Mental Health, to Entrepreneurship. We have found our community members are able to retain so much more after graduating high school due to their lived life experiences. We called these classes Mamabird Gradschool.